Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Death in the Family

Death in the Family

This weekend made me think of this Batman comic issue where Robin died; the title of that particular issue was ‘Death in the Family’.

In my travel up north, in my stepping on campus, in my breathing the cold, in my drinking the flavored poison, many memories rose from the cemeteries of my mind. Forgotten events came flooding back, and laughter or sorrow followed depending on the pictures that danced behind my eyelids. Death in the Family came after my overactive imagination placed my friends in the realm of super heroes, more precisely the Super Friends. It was so fitting that I was chocked at the fact that I never thought of us as such before. We all have special abilities, we all have our own area of expertise, and together we can solve any problem, make light of any dark, and even create upbeat requiems. Together, we are …
Superman, the one who often leads died this summer. While I was up North, I thought about the hot death that took place in the South. I’ll spare you the details, but know that it was quick, unseen, brutal, painful, and shocking. I …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home