Sunday, March 20, 2005

Murder in BasketballVille

What do I know about Vermont? I know little about Vermont. There was a girl who lived on my floor sophomore year who was from Vermont; she wasn’t allowed to watch TV growing up. That’s all the contact I’ve had with Vermont; however, two days ago I felt a resounding feeling towards that place, I felt hate. As the scoreboard showed what was to never be shown, I crumbled, and felt that world had become an enemy. The scoreboard indicated the following: Vermont over Syracuse, my beloved Syracuse.
The underdog had won. Even though I always favor underdogs, the feeling that came to my stomach that night overthrew any lien I had with the mythical David. I hadn’t felt that way since Argentina beat Brazil in the 1990 WorldCup. Pain, I felt pain, that’s the final outcome, pain in the land of my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home