Friday, October 13, 2006

The Search

Image reflected by the mirror is one that I ask myself about all the time, the smallest of mistake is seen within a fraction of a second; I could have done this to prevent that, or this one was out of my hands. It’s the rediscovery of self, every time it’s the same process of self-analysis and mutilation; could I be better? The brain races, the feet fumble to catch up, the person I am will not rest until it becomes the person it was meant to be. This nomadic state of being is hard on the soul, but who are we to decide when enough is sufficient. The search has this axiomatic quality about it and you can’t deny it. I will forever be looking for me, and the person I find at every turn will remember less of the one who was, and the one who started the search. I remember when I was ten, I used to dream about …I don’t remember what I used to dream about, but surely I used to dream.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Most of the time, I feel like I am falling apart at the seams, but that's alright because its the unravelling that keeps me together. Extreme circumstance uncoils extreme meaning and there is a truth in desparation that only the desparate understand. Bittersweet memories drowned in the wishing well while a small child runs from the shadows of yesterday. My innocence was pure, inexcusable, since I bought the fairytale and never got a refund. I cried alot, I dreamed alot, I loved alot, but received little. I remember it as if it was only 24 hours ago, but I don't care to go back that far. Loneliness is a toy best left alone." ---Del James

kisses

Fri Oct 13, 09:13:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home