Wednesday, April 04, 2007

V-day

I was running with this glass heart in my hand; I was always told to not run with fragile things in my possession, if you know me, you’ll know that I don’t listen. I was hauling ass, just trucking when she stuck her leg out and tripped me. It all happened in slow motion, the well defined leg invaded my space, and I entangled myself into it. I was tumbling forward and my fingers were losing hold of my precious cargo. It came out of my possession with such a force, it was as if it didn’t want to belong to me anymore, my own heart was speeding away from me with the velocity reversed for Nascar drivers. I watched it explode on the sandy ground, breaking into a cliché of a million pieces. My heart was broken, and I didn’t have another one to replace it with. It all happened on Valentine’s Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home