Thursday, December 02, 2004

Bang, Bang Cont'

…three black widows lounging in the tub. I jumped back hitting the toilet, causing the lid to slam shut. My mind started racing, demanding answers about their origin. Where on earth could they have come from, where? I then remembered Lucia finding out about Esperanza, and how she’d tell me that I’d never do it again, and that I would be sorry. The picture of her tears meeting her saliva at the corner of her mouth was still clear in my head; after all, it had only been two days since she had find out about the other woman. I never thought she would have the balls to do something like that. After my mind slowed, I started rationalizing the apparition of these God-awful things in my home. Everything pointed at the woman who shared my bed under candlelights a fortnight ago. She had the keys to the house; she knew about my arachnophobia, she thought it was cute because of her own love for those vermin. Why couldn’t she have been more traditional, why couldn’t she have just taken everything out of the house while I was at work; it wouldn’t have taken that long, since there’s so little here, but instead she chose spiders. In my naked state I scurried downstairs to find my broom, these six-legged bastards were going meet the maker today, fuck the animal right thing. I came back up, and pulled slowly on the blue curtain that shielded wet upright bodies from dry squatting ones. Two red spotted killers were looking at me, two, not three, where was the third one…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home